Loyola University Maryland first offered courses in accounting and business administration at the undergraduate level in 1937. The Master of Business Administration was first offered in 1967. Loyola introduced the Executive MBA program in 1973, the first of its kind in the Baltimore-Washington area. In 1984, the business school was formally named the Rev. Joseph A. Sellinger, S.J., School of Business and Management in honor of the late Rev. Joseph A. Sellinger, S.J. In 1988, Loyola University Maryland earned accreditation by AACSB, which it still maintains today as the only private institution in the state of Maryland with a nationally accredited business school.
In addition to being accredited by AACSB, the Sellinger School of Business and Management has received accolades from some of the world’s most prestigious publications, including Businessweek, Financial Times, Princeton Review, and U.S. News and World Report.
- “Best Undergrad B-Schools by Specialty 2013” – Sellinger ranked among the top universities in the nation for its business law (No. 2), marketing (No. 5), and information systems (No. 7) programs. Sellinger was also ranked highly for ethics (No. 13) in the same report.
- “Best Undergrad B-Schools by Specialty 2012” – Sellinger ranked among the top universities in the nation for its information systems (No. 3), microeconomics (No. 8), macroeconomics (No. 8), business law (No. 10), and ethics (No. 12) specialties. Sellinger also received high ranks for marketing (No. 15) and international business (No. 28).
- “Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2013” – Sellinger ranked No. 53 in the nation. Loyola was the only Maryland school on the 2013 list. Sellinger also received high marks for academic quality (No. 35), an “A” for teaching quality, and an “A+” for facilities and services quality.
- “Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2012” – Sellinger ranked No. 62 in the nation. Loyola was the only private university in Maryland on the 2012 list. Sellinger also received high marks for academic quality (No. 33), student satisfaction (No. 50), and an “A+” for facility quality.
- “2011 Best Undergrad B-Schools” – Sellinger ranked l No. 45 on the national list. Additionally, among the 139 schools considered for specialty rankings, Sellinger was ranked highly for marketing management (No. 9), business law (No. 13), international business (No. 15), and ethics (No. 19).
- “Best Undergrad B-Schools 2010” – Sellinger ranked l No. 45 on the national list. Additionally, among the 139 schools considered for specialty rankings, Sellinger was ranked highly for business law (No. 3), marketing management (No. 5), sustainability (No. 11), and ethics (No. 15).Sellinger also scored high in student surveys for academic quality (No. 23) and student satisfaction (No. 42).
- Financial Times ranked Loyola among the “Top 100 Executive MBA Programs” in the world in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Loyola has been ranked as high as No. 3 in the world for corporate social responsibility, No. 24 in the world and first in the region for “aims achieved” by students, No. 50 in the world for career progression, and No. 14 in the U.S. for the percentage of women in the cohort program by the publication.
- The Princeton Review has included the Sellinger School in its “Best Business Schools” lists for five consecutive years, 2010 through 2014. In that time the publication has lauded Sellinger’s approach to “preparing students to lead in a global economy” and ranked Sellinger among top 15 graduate schools in the “Global Management” category.
U.S. News & World Report
- “2014 Best Colleges” – Sellinger’s finance program ranked in the national Top 25 (No. 21), the highest ranked institution in Maryland on the specialty list. The school was also included on “Best undergraduate business programs” national list.
- “2014 Best Graduate Schools” – Sellinger ranked among the top 100 part-time MBA programs in the nation (No. 89) and was ranked among the top 30 graduate business schools in the country for finance (No. 22) and accounting (No. 29) specialties. Sellinger is the only institution in Maryland on either MBA specialty list.
- “2013 America’s Best Business Schools” – Sellinger ranked among the top 100 part-time MBA programs in the nation (No. 82) and was noted for its International specialty (No. 22). Sellinger was the only business school in Maryland to receive accolades in the international business specialty ranking.
- “2011 America’s Best Colleges” – Sellinger’s undergraduate finance (No. 21) and accounting (No. 24) programs were ranking highly in a listing of business specialty programs.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Loyola No. 27 in the “International” category of its annual “America’s Best Business Schools” business specialty rankings.
- “2010 America’s Best Business Schools” – Sellinger was ranked as one of the nation’s top 30 part-time MBA program in 2010. In addition, Sellinger ranked No. 27 in “International” category of the business specialty rankings.
Loyola began offering business courses in 1937, becoming the Sellinger School of Business and Management in 1984. The growth and success of Sellinger through the years has led it to be recognized not only in a slew of national and international rankings, but by the following achievements as well:
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Loyola second among the Best Universities Master’s (North) in its 2013 edition of “Best Colleges.”
- Loyola University Maryland has been ranked No. 1 in the nation among master’s institutions that have the most students who study abroad in one-semester programs by the Institute of International Education in 2011 and 2012.
- AACSB-International accredited in both business and accounting – fewer than 10% of all business schools nationwide, and 1.5% in the world, hold dual accreditation through AACSB.
- 97% of our faculty hold terminal degrees in their academic specialties.
- First MBA program in the Baltimore region.
Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and Management offers you graduate business programs with:
- Ethical leadership: A values-centered business education
- Strong connections: Alumni network of more than 11,000
- Quality education: Accredited by AACSB and ranked by Financial Times, BusinessWeek, U.S.News & World Report, and Princeton Review
- Dual AACSB Accreditation
Our programs are located in two convenient locations within the Baltimore-Washington Metro Area: Columbia, MD. and Timonium, MD, just outside Baltimore.
To learn more about Loyola University programs please complete the following form and a representative will get back to you as soon as possible.