University of Baltimore
The University of Baltimore is a public undergraduate, graduate and professional university in the heart of Maryland’s largest city with easy access to Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City.
From its beginnings in 1925, UB has served working adults, first-generation college students and those who require the flexibility not found in traditional college settings through its nationally respected schools and colleges:
• Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
• College of Public Affairs
• Merrick School of Business
• UB School of Law
We recognize the distinct challenges you face, and we’re here to serve you:
• We’re backed by a million-dollar commitment. The Bob Parsons Veterans Center was established with a whole lot of support from its namesake donor, alumnus and Marine Corps veteran Bob Parsons, who has a vision to turn UB into a national model for serving veteran students.
• We’re more than just a gathering place. Our veterans center is a fully staffed campus space where you can connect with military and veteran resources and students. Inside, you’ll find computer labs, a kitchenette and a lounge.
• We make it our mission to find you benefits. Our staff understands the ins and outs of military and veteran transcripts and education benefits. We’ll evaluate your situation and determine the most efficient—and the most cost-effective—way for you to earn your degree.
• We want you to get involved. Our two military student groups are more than 110 members strong and growing. We also offer peer mentoring and special recognition events during the week of Veterans Day.
• We’ll waive your application fee. To honor those who have served, the University of Baltimore is pleased to provide an application fee waiver to our military and veteran applicants. Please contact Jasmine Fleming, military and veteran admission counselor, at 410.837.6677 to request a fee waiver code.
Yellow Ribbon Program
UB is part of the Yellow Ribbon Program, an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed those payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. UB will offer $1,000 to 10 qualified students, and the VA will match those funds.
Military Friendly School
UB’s Military Friendly School ranking indicates UB is among the top 20 percent of schools nationwide in delivering an outstanding experience for military students.
As a UB student, you can join ROTC as part of our partnership with The Johns Hopkins University. You’ll get 100 percent of your college tuition paid for, and when you graduate, you’ll be commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army.